Action for Children
Action for Children is one of the UKs leading childrens charities, and we have been supporting disadvantaged children for 150 years.
From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children in the heart of local communities across the UK.
We operate over 522 services, improving the lives of 301,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year.
Our essential services provide support for:
· Families in crisis: Our children and family centres teach parenting skills and provide a safe place for families to come and rebuild their relationships.
· Disadvantaged young people: We provide practical support and counselling for children and young people who have experienced severe difficulties in their lives such as sexual abuse, domestic violence or antisocial behaviour. We support their education, employment and training opportunities and teach them the skills they need to live independently.
· Children who can no longer live with their birth families: Our fostering and adoption services create loving and safe new homes for children who have had to be removed from the family home, and provide support and guidance for their foster carers and adoptive parents.
· Children with disabilities: Our disability services provide specialist care and respite for those families who are struggling to cope with the additional challenges disability can create.
· Young carers: We support children caring for a sick family member by providing counselling, practical and emotional support. We give young carers the opportunity to befriend and confide in other young people dealing with similar challenges and offer respite from the harsh realities of their lives.