Sheffield Young Carers
Our vision, values, mission and objectives
These apply to our work with young carers and with young people affected by substance misuse in their family.
Working with young carers to make a difference for life
- Inclusion: we welcome and involve everyone, and challenge discrimination, to improve the lives of all young carers
- Innovation: we reflect and change to always do the best we can
- Inspiration: we share our expertise and energy to inspire positive change
- Impact: we see and nurture potential to make lasting change in young carers’ lives
- We aim to promote the needs and rights of children and young people who are carers.
- We are committed to involving and inspiring children and young people, families and the wider community to create lasting change for young carers.
- We recognise that children and young people experience discrimination and oppression. We are committed to challenging this and to advocating for the rights of individuals and groups.
- We will learn from, develop and share best practice to continually improve our service and enable others to improve the lives of young carers.
- To put young carers’ participation and voice at the heart of all we do.
- To use a whole family approach to increase the social inclusion, educational outcomes and emotional and physical wellbeing of young carers.
- To raise awareness and enable others to identify and support young carers; working in partnership to embed long term change.
- To continue to improve and innovate whilst maintaining quality, strategic direction and financial stability.
Registered Charity No. 1140105